Thursday, August 27, 2009

I am a Couponer :)

Today was my first day using coupons. I have been getting a lot of advice from my sister-in-laws and sister. As well as doing research from different blogs and forums all about coupons that they gave me. At first it seemed super overwhelming, but I think I am getting the hang of it and these blogs are fabulous! I think I am addicted now. My goal from all of this is to have a pretty good food storage, house hold items on hand, cleaning supplies, you name it I hope to have it. With Ryan having the possibility of frequents lay offs I want to have everything on hand and never feel bad when we have to buy something because hopefully we will have it on hand and at a great price!

I decided to start today with just one store. I went to Albertson's. I checked the blogs before I left which told me all the deals, I cut out the coupons from the Sunday paper that I wanted and away I went. As I was filling up my cart I felt rather silly. It was piled high!!! Today's goal was to get things for Ryan's lunches like soda, chips, snack pack puddings, gatorad
e, cookies, and cereal for the morning. I made a haul! I basically massacred Albertson's. My total purchase was around $210.00. With my coupons I only spent $90.00 of that. That seems like a lot for having coupons right? But... I also got a $10.00 off my next purchase. I think the more that I do this, the more that I will save because I will already have things on hand.

The first thing I did when I got home was subscribed to the Sunday newspaper, placed all the items I got on the bar, and waited for my husband to get home. I was so excited and giddy like a little girl! And he w
as excited about our savings too.

Here is proof of my purchase :)




1 comment:

  1. I got your text message about this! That is amazing. I should do the same! I like going to Albertson's. I go there all the time, and it's expensive if you don't use coupons and/or have an Albertson's Preferred card. That's something you should look into, if you don't already have one.

    ReplyDelete