Friday, July 10, 2009

14 Days To Go...

Dear Baby Girl Whom we have not agreed on a Name,

I am 38 weeks exactly today and I can hardly believe that you will be here soon. I can't tell you how amazing and hard this last couple of months have been, but I know everything was all worth it. There are so many things that I love about you already. I feel like I already know you. I love your 4-5 hiccup sessions each night. Although it feels like you are having convulsions it helps me to know you are still around. :) I love the feeling of your hands or feet gliding across my belly, almost as though you are reaching to me, or trying to kick me... Either way I am happy because I know it is you in there moving around. I love your baby room and can't wait to show it to you. I hope you like it. I think I probably go in there 10 times a day just to look at it, clean it for the millionth time because I am so excited. I love making you beanies and have so many outfits with matching beanies for you. Don't worry, when you make an entrance into this world you will have the best looking outfit there :) I love that when I talk about your arrival with your Daddy he becomes a new Ryan that I haven't seen before... I can't wait to see him with you... So soft, sweet and mellow and so excited and proud to be your Daddy. I know he is just as excited as I am and even though he doesn't get to feel you all day long, I can promise you that he knows you and loves you just the same.

As excited and happy as I am, I am so tired. I just can't lie. I know that I am going to miss being pregnant and having you in my tummy, but Baby Girl I need my body back and I need you to take over your own :) Mommy wants to be able to bend over and tie her shoes, not wake up with swollen ankles, and possibly make it through one day without heartburn. I know I will be up at night making sure you are happy, but I would rather do that because it will be doing something that I will love to do, instead of the potty breaks every hour that I am enjoying right now :) I want to be able to go running in our new jogging stroller, instead of feeling like a cow... I just can't wait any longer. I know it feels warm and safe in there, but I promise you I have a safe place for you here and that I will do my best to give you everything you need to make you happy, smart, and a beautiful young women that I know you can be. So... Please let Mommy leave this emotional roller coaster and waiting game and just come... Come home... I don't know if I can wait patiently anymore...

I Love You,

Your Mommy

3 comments:

  1. Miss-I can't wait for the arrival of your little one. The waiting game can be the pits--I totally feel your pain. Take lots of naps now and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little letter. SO cute. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete