Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The Baby Room

I have been so excited about having a baby room. I have finally completed it. It is ready for the baby to come home. I have more things that I would like to add, but the clothes are washed and hung, the dresser is painted, the crib is ready and even the guest bed is ready. I have tried really hard to make this affordable and not spend too much. I repainted Ryan's old baby dresser, which resulted in us getting a new one. (I am so glad because we needed it desperately and the one I painted is adorable!) The curtains that are brown my Mother gave me. I had a down comforter from College that I reused with a new duvet cover. And... Instead of using the ugly worn closet doors, my Mother-in-law Kim came up with the idea of using curtains. It brightens up the room and is adorable! I have had a lot of help from my Parents with painting and purchasing the crib, Ryan's Mom and Melinda with painting the dresser, Melinda with taking pictures of my BIG belly and helping me get them in the frames and everyone pitching in here and there. And of course, my husband with hanging things, putting the crib together and more. I am so lucky and so grateful to everyone's help. Thank you all! I am excited to share this with you. I hope you enjoy! Now we just need to get the baby out of me and in there!!! :)


The Crib. The colors are Chocolate brown and pink.


The Guest Bed.


The Curtains on the Closet.


Ryan's old dresser and Belly Pictures.


The Hamper and Baby blanket made by my Grandma Barbara.

Close up of the one of the Belly pictures.


Close up of the other picture.


View of the entire room.

2 comments:

  1. SO cute! I'm so excited for you to be a mommy. You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MISSY!
    Ok I am obsesssed with looking at different people's blogs while I am in the library (suppose to be doing hw and can't) haha! I get so distracted, but i love the room and can't wait to see her when she comes?!?!?! yay!!! take care gina! xoxox love ya

    ReplyDelete