Tuesday, May 26, 2009

*Memorial Day*

Some of the many flags displayed.




Wayne King's grave... Barbara's Hubby




Grandpa and Grandma Rew's Grave




This Memorial weekend my Husband spent most of his time laying our new wood flooring. It is so beautiful and once it is all finished I will take pictures.
:)

On Memorial Day we were so tired, but I managed to force my wonderful sleepy and exhausted Husband out of bed and to Sunset Memorial Gardens to watch the Memorial Day Ceremony and to see all the beautiful flags that they display. I have grown up doing this almost every year because my Mother usually plays the piano for the choirs that always sing and as a family we have always tried to be there. The last couple years I haven't been able to go because I lived away for school and I just didn't want to miss it. I didn't know the time of the Ceremony so we missed the speakers, but showed up in time to here the Choirs sing "God Bless America" and other traditional songs and to watch the "Salute to the Fallen Soldiers" where they shoot the Guns and raise the American flag. This usually is my favorite part for some reason, I can't decide if it is the meaning behind it or the fact that cute old men that served our country, along with younger men, do it and I find it fascinating. But, either way I love it and it seems to always make me cry.

I was happy to see that, enjoy the beautiful sunny weather, see all the flags and take some pictures of my Grandparents grave, along with Barbara King's husbands grave. Barbara is like a Grandma to me and I always take her to visit Wayne, bring him flowers and talk. It was a beautiful day, an important day to remember and the best way to end a long weekend.
:)


No comments:

Post a Comment